Monday, October 11, 2010

Editing. Uuugh.

I'm working on edits for the first 20,000 words of Egypt 2.0. Still need a title for this beast. And while I'm not dissatisfied with the first 20K words, I'm not entirely satisfied, either. I think it's mostly that I don't want to be working on my commercial fiction right now...I want to be working on my literary fiction.

But it'll be easier to sell something commercial, and the Egypt books are fun and good and well thought out and not terribly difficult to write. They're solid stories. I just need to get them all wrapped up so I can move onto the stuff that has captured my heart and mind.

I need to keep up the push and get this book finished by the end of November. If I can turn it in then, along with a completed and polished synopsis for Egypt 3.0, I should be fully justified in jumping right back into Baptism for the Dead. To sweeten the deal for myself, I'm allowing myself to rewrite Baptism as either a verse novel or a stream-of-consciousness novel...but ONLY if I get Egypt 2.0 and 3.0's synopsis done in six weeks.

Better get cracking, Libbie! Time is a-wasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment