Sunday, June 27, 2010

Resolution Fail!

Ack! Has it really been six days since I last updated? I blame house-sitting for this breach of commitment. It's distracted me. That, and all the personal shite I'm dealing with at present. My road-o-life is not just rocky right now, it's pitted with enormous potholes and also there are some downed trees across its breadth. This makes daily travel difficult, but I am determined to find a way through.

I had a good weekend with some of my closest friends. I love my friends -- they really keep me sane and focused and happy. I have not done much writing lately, which burns me big-time, but my personal struggles have really overcome my energy and are kicking my ass pretty hard. Gotta shake that off, though. What do writers do? They write.

I will find time to write today, and tomorrow, even though I've got two different seldom-seen family members in town for visits and need to get a whole bunch of stuff done in preparation for my sorely-needed vacation next weekend. Writing will be a priority starting right after breakfast. Back on the ball, back on the chain gang. Can't sell books if I don't finish them.

Speaking of my vacation, I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this. I am dirt-poor, so it's nothing fancy -- just going to Lopez Island with some friends to get away from the stresses at home and recharge my brain in a peaceful setting for a few days. I fully expect it to be glorious.

Okay. This post doesn't make much sense, I know, but I am trying to stick to my commitments and keep up with a routine, especially as concerns my writing. That will help keep me from becoming too depressed and/or distressed. So here's a blog post. Make of it what you will.

Go write!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear life is being a pain right now- just remember that it will pass!

    Enjoy your vacation- it sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A vacation will definitely be good for you. Down time is necessary for anyone, even writers, and with all the stuff you're dealing with, you of all people deserve a vacation.

    Have fun - that's an order!

    ReplyDelete